My Vision for 2018

Quote: "Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi


As the year ends, we wish each other happy New Year and hope that the new year would be better for the entire world and so I thought I would share with you my vision for 2018, these are the things I hope will be achieved this year.

I vision terrorism completely gone as if it never was; I see it completely wiped out from existence.

I vision wars ending and countries that have tension between them like Palestine and Israel, Saudi Arabia and Iran, South and North Korea, United States and Russia to be best friends.

I vision all the help given to poor countries in Africa and the world be helping them make a real economic rise and not just providing for the urgent current food and shelter needs.

I vision everyone more loving and tolerant and accepting to one another even their enemy. I’m sorry did I say “enemy”? I meant fellow human.

I vision everyone at least living comfortably and not struggling to provide for themselves and their families.

I’m sure we all want those things I just mentioned above and I believe it’s possible, we just have to start with ourselves like Gandhi said: “Be the change you wish to see in the world” so if we want love and acceptance, we must be loving and accepting to one another first even if the other is doing something our religion or culture or political view does not agree with. If we want compassion, we must be compassionate first. If we want respect, we must be respectful of other people and their beliefs first. If we want kindness, we must be kind first…etc. I believe these are the building blocks of world peace, we cannot expect peace if we do not BE these things first and not just by words but also by thought and feeling; we must think of each other lovingly.


There are two world events happening this year: The FIFA World Cup in Russia, and The PyeongChang Winter Olympic and Paralympic games in South Korea. Both of these two events, despite being sports events, they are mainly promotions of peace and many countries participate in them including countries that are at war or have tension between them. We will start with PyeongChang Winter Olympic and Paralympic games on February 9th which made Peace its theme and I’m excited to see the opening ceremony to see how they would express peace in their performances. I really hope these two events encourage us to start a peace wave that will reach the entire world.


In the end, I will leave you with this beautiful video about PyeongChang Olympics that literally made me shed tears. It’s a must watch J

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments